We’re really pleased to announce that our sophomore issue is now available.
For number two, we kept the burner hot with a great roster of features, including:
- Crystal Luxmore’s plan for beer-retail in Ontario — forget buck-a-beer, Mr. Premier, and focus on opening up the system to the people… who want to sell good beer.
- Can beer brewed on contract be great? Of course, it can, writes Jordan St. John in his profile on how Brunswick (and others) are changing the scene.
- We all know what to do with wine in restaurants that’s gone off, but what about beer? Ben Johnson draws up a game plan for sending it back.
- You’ll also get a (vegan!) recipe from Marbles in Waterloo, a travel feature on Vermont and the homebrewer edition of Brewer vs. Brewer.
The biggest news for round two is probably that the coverage area for our brewery directory has doubled in size. We now feature brewery listings from Durham to Windsor, from Sarnia to Niagara-on-the-Lake. (Hold tight, Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, we’re coming for you in issue 3.)
Next question is where you can get your mitts on a copy, right? Fair enough. You have three choices:
- Subscribe and don’t worry about it again for four issues. (More on this below.)
- Ask at your local craft brewery. Which ones? It’s tough to say who has received their copies and who still has some in stock. We try to share availability news on Instagram. (Breweries, if you’d like to join the list who are carrying it, send us a message.)
- On newsstands in grocery stores and convenience stores across the province.
Ticket giveaway for subscribers
We’re big fans of The Exchange Brewery in Niagara-on-the-Lake. (Very soon, they’ll be an excellent option for finding a copy of issue 2.) As well as making great beer, they’re also starting a new festival this year called Sourpalooza on September 8. It’s got an all-star lineup of Canadian breweries (think Indie Ale House, Small Pony and A la Fut) plus Jolly Pumpkin, all with interesting and unusual sour beers.
Sounds great, right? So great that all three sessions are sold out already.
Luckily, they’ve offered us a pair of tickets to the sold-out first session for a giveaway. Each ticket comes with an entry to the session that starts at noon, a souvenir glass and four beer tokens. To enter:
- Order your copy of issue 2 online or be a subscriber (existing or new).
- Head to our post on Instagram or Facebook (or both) and follow the rules there.
Contest closes on August 31 at 5 p.m. We’ll randomly select a winner and contact them.